Friday, August 3, 2007

My Top Make Videos

As all of you have probably guessed, I'm a huge techie. However, I'm crazy about crafts and the whole do-it-yourself thing too. Make Magazine is a great resource for me because it perfectly marries these two interests. They've got a blog and a podcast as well as an actual magazine (digital or made of paper) chock full of projects to keep you busy until the next millenium.

I present to you my top Make videos brought to you by Youtube:

1. Learn how to screenprint your own t-shirts: If I could wear t-shirts everyday of my life I would. This video shows you how to silkscreen your own designs onto t-shirts (or anything else that's flat and absorbs paint for that matter)... a very useful skill to have if you like having one-of-a-kind shirts. Although, if you want to be able to wash your t-shirt creations, I don't recommend doing the last bit... see for yourself.


2. Make a ring from a half dollar: I'm almost sure this should be illegal but the video says it's not. Anyway, the finished product looks really cool. Do this at your own risk though... I don't want anyone blaming me for getting arrested or anything. Haha.

3. Make a wallet out of tape: A wallet? Out of tape? Awesome. I love duct tape stuff. But this project uses different types of tape to make it more interesting. The video shows detailed instructions but feel free to divert and create your own pockets and designs.

Of course, their site Makezine.com showcases several other cool projects. So what are you waiting for? Go ahead and make something!

U U U

0 Comments: