Wednesday, August 29, 2007

I Missed the Lunar Eclipse

lunar eclipse
Originally uploaded by Grzesiek:

I'm sure a lot of you have heard of if not actually witnessed the recent lunar eclipse last August 28, 2007. I missed it, and apparently it was a total lunar eclipse which meant that the moon turned red due to the refraction of the sun's rays. I can't believe I forgot to look out the window that night. To make up for it, I searched the net for the best pic I could find. This pic from a Flickr user is the absolute best I've seen so far. Amazing. Click the link to see a larger pic. I'm even more sorry I missed it.

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. What a picture! Great find.

I missed viewing it as well. The space shuttle could be seen from my city when it was orbiting a few weeks ago though and I did see that. Quite the site speeding through the sky.