Thursday, September 6, 2007

The New iPod Touch

Ever since the iPhone was introduced to the public, I've secretly hoped for something exactly like it minus the phone part. The iPhone just wasn't practical for me. I don't want to have my music and video player in my phone, I'd much rather have a separate phone with less bells and whistles.

My hopes were answered by none other than Steve Jobs yesterday, with the introduction of the new iPod Touch. And let me just say, I have never wanted a gadget as much as I want this right now. I have the 5th gen iPod and I could say with confidence that I've used it to watch videos (mostly podcasts) more than I've used it to listen to songs. With the iPod Touch, I could watch my videos in widescreen glory. Here's a rundown of it's other features...

  • Music, Video and Photos - Duh!

  • Comes with 8 GB or 16 GB flash memory - 16 GB here I come!

  • Built-in Wi-fi - Finally, a Wi-fi iPod!

  • Built-in Safari and YouTube - This definitely adds plus points for me since I've been looking for a better way to read my RSS feeds than on my phone's puny screen.

  • Built-in rechargeable, non-removable battery with up to 5 hours of video playback, and up to 22 hours of audio playback - The iPhone ran into a lot of problems with it's battery; I just hope the iPod Touch will be different.

So all in all, I can't wait to get my hands on one! I just can't!

U U U

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

will get this one of this days. hehehe.

Anonymous said...

I know, I can't wait for Sept. 28, when it finally gets released. I have a feeling it's going to be a long 3 weeks waiting for the iPod Touch.