Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Jaiku Acquired By Google

Jaiku, the Twitter-like web start-up that's not even open to new user sign-ups yet (you can only join if you're recommended by a current user) has just been acquired by Google. Wow, I personally think that Google is slowly taking over the world. But I think that's a good thing, as long as they use their power for good. Haha.

Anyway, according their FAQs about the acquisition...

We are excited to welcome the Jaiku employees into Google. While it's too soon to comment on specific products and development plans, we'll be working with the Jaiku team over the coming months to expand their technology in ways we hope you'll find interesting and useful.


Lucky Jaiky employees, I wonder if they got a pay rise... hmm, technology that's interesting and useful huh... I'm intrigued. What's also interesting is how this is going to impact the simpler but more popular Twitter. I guess only time will tell, but I'm 70 percent sure that this will bring Twitter down. Let's wait and see.

0 Comments: