Wednesday, October 24, 2007

citizenM High-tech Hotels Rock!


While lazily surfing the net, I came across a great concept for hotel construction and management... modular high-tech hotels, called citizenM. An RFID card lets you control your entertainment center, wireless, and ambient mood lighting. You can even set your preferences remotely, so your room will be perfect upon your arrival. The best thing of all? Free wifi! I've been to so many hotels that charge an arm and a leg for internet access, that this is such a breath of fresh air for me.

This hotel project, called OneStarIsBorn, is all about cheaper hotel bills without the grimy bathrooms and generally unappealing accommodations. I've stayed in my fair share of budget hotels and I can't wait to try it out. Check out this interview with Michael Levie, CEO of OneStarIsBorn.

The first citizenM hotel, will be located near Amsterdam's Schiphol Airport. More are planned in major European cities such as London, Barcelona, Glasgow, Berlin, Stockholm, Brussels, Milan, Copenhagen, Moscow, Paris, Istanbul, Warsaw, and Budapest to name a few. But I'm guessing pretty soon we'll be seeing several of these sprout in the world's busiest cities.

I love their wacky publicity video, also shown below.


0 Comments: